Top Five: Touchdown Celebrations of Terrell Owens September 21, 2007Posted by Marquis Chapman in Football, NFL, Sports, Top Five.
With Terrell Owens recently being fined $7500 for his touchdown celebration that mimicked the Patriots spying controversy, it would only be right to have this edition of Top Five ranking the many touchdown celebrations of T.O.
5. T.O. Takes a Nap: In a game against the Washington Redskins, T.O. pretended to take a nap in the endzone, using the football as a pillow. The entire week heading into the game, the media had criticized Owens for the reports of him falling alseep in team meetings. This was a very creative celebration to shut up the critics, and didn’t result in a fine.
4. T.O. Pays Homage to Ray Lewis: Facing the Baltimore Ravens, T.O. caught a short pass from Donovan McNabb and ran it in for a touchdown. Owens then proceeded to mimic Ray Lewis’ ritual pregame dance, and did a pretty good job at it. As you might expect, this made Lewis and the Ravens a little upset. Former Cornerback Deion Sanders came to Owens aid stating, “If you don’t want to see him dance, don’t let him score. Thats it.” Click here to watch the video.
3. T.O. the Cheerleader: In a game against the Green Bay Packers, T.O. gets a touchdown and quickly snatches the pompoms of a San Francisco 49ers cheerleader. Owens proceeds to do a quick cheer and drops the pompoms on ground. This was a very creative touchdown celebration and didn’t result in a fine, but he could have at least handed the pompoms back to the cheerleader.
2. T.O. Gives a Fan an Autograph: On a Monday Night Football Game against the Seattle Seahawks, Owens just couldn’t wait to give a lucky fan his autograph, so he stuffed a sharpie in his sock and went on the field. After scoring the touchdown, Owens pulls the hidden sharpie out of his sock and signs the football, handing it to a lucky fan in the stands. The “lucky fan” was actually Owens’ financial advisor. This particular touchdown celebration had people within the NFL, as well as many fans extremly upset and appauled.
1. T.O. the Star: The 49ers were in Dallas facing America’s team. T.O. was having a great game against the Cowboys. After each of the two touchdowns he scored, Owens ran to the middle of the field, standing dead center in the Dallas Star and raised his hands triumphantly. The second time Owens did it, players of the Dallas Cowboys took offense to his actions. Safety George Teague leveled Owens and a small altercation between some players from both teams ensued. Owens was fined $24,000 and was suspended for a week. Click here to see Teague level T.O.